Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Color LCD and touch screen solution??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireball003

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
glcd color touchscreen

I couldn't find out a cheap color display panel and touch screen panel.

Does it cost that much what they want?!?! For a 6" 640x480 Sharp LCD panel digikey wants more than US350$ and more than 100$ for a 10.4" touch screen. How people calculate and compare production cost before design?

Is there any cheap and better solution for 5.5" to 8" (640x320 to 800x600) color LCD and touch screen?

Does any company send sample of these products?

glcd touch ebay

Hi,
I don't know how close you need to be, but I'm giving you a link to some lcds. One of them has a touch screen, but monochrome, and there is a color Noika knock off, for very cheep, but smaller than you want. Perhaps for a lot less money you could go with one of these?
anyway they are here:https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?cPath=76
Hope it is of some help to you.
Regards,
Robert

yes, they are way smaller than you wanted. I also checked https://www.crystalfontz.com/but they are also small. I don't think you are going to get anything much cheaper at that size, with color, but let us all know if and where you do.

bare touch screen cost lcd

Hi fireball003,

The price of new LCD panels and touchscreens is stupid. Mostly, not many of these are sold in small quantities, so any seller is going to charge a big premium for handling the small volumes. Only big purchases (10,000's) get decent prices.

Is this for a commercial design, or a on-off prototype, or just for you to play with?

If it's not commercial, your best bet is to find a surplus outlet or, if you can use eBay, find one on there. I've recently picked up on eBay a 6.4" 640x480 colour with serial touch panel and PC/S-Video/Composite input board for about £30 - a bargain! But they don't come up often and you might end up bidding against me ;-)

If you just want the bare touch panel and will make your own interface to it (not that hard with the chips from Maxim or TI) then you can often pick up the panels on eBay at good prices. It's the ones with a serial interface that generally attract higher prices, especially to the car hifi people.

6.4" LCD panels are seen on eBay quite often and usually go for around £20.

Or you could try here:

**broken link removed**

If you ever find a company that will send samples of these, please tell me too!

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

glcd touch screen panel on ebay

Thanks for your replies.

I was planning to buy one for playing. In fact that should be commercial if I can play well ;-)

I will have to choose a cheaper color LCD TFT for this project.

Someone was saying that he bought very low cost LCD from Hong Kong. So, Chineese or Taiwan or Hong Kong based companies and stores offer low cost color LCD. But you can't get those searching by google or yahoo.

So, if anyone know those companies or bought from any of those stores, then please let me know.

I've got a good on in ebay. With touch screen. But it is only 160x160 pixel. Not suitable for me. May be suitable for some of you. If you get better and cheaper than this , then please send me the link.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.