Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Codes foe decoding .mp3 file in FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

himsdanny

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am searching for a VHDL code that can be used in decoding ".mp3 files" in an FPGA kit. someone please help.. :-|

I am searching for a VHDL code that can be used in decoding ".mp3 files" in an FPGA kit. someone please help.. :-|

One option would be to use a softcore in the FPGA, and then use libmad to decode the mp3. libmad is 100% integer math.

I am looking for the VHDl code. Basically if i have the code how do i burn the code into the FPGA board....

You need a synthesisor. Altera's Quartus or Xilinx's ISE depending on your FPGA device.

I have Xilin's ISE, compatible to my FPGA. But i don't have quite a much idea about how to use it.

you write VHDL code, or use some 3rd party IP core. Create a project in ise with all the source files, map the top level input/output to pins on the device, and away you go.

Do you have any Xilinx development board or your own customised board?

IF you don't have very good knowledge of VHDL/Verilog and pretty good experience with FPGA tools such as ISE, this project is going to be a very very difficult one if not impossible.
If I was you, I would learn the basics of how to implement a WAV player in VHDL then step by step modify the code until you have a working design, but getting yourself into MP3 player in VHDL when you have no experience in FPGA design is not something I would recommend.

please someone post me the VHDL code for decoding mp3 in Xilinx Spartan II 144. i beg please...

Wouldnt that be us doing your work for you?
Arnt you supposed to do it yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.