Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Code help please timer with 16f84a

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasicr

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
push darkroom timer german

Hi,
I send message before with explain my problem. I whill try again,
I use 4 digit countdown timer with pic 16f84a. The output is reley. I control heating element who work on 220v ac.
I need heating only untill countdown. The reley must be OFF before and after countdown. In my case when timer countdown 0000 reley going to OFF. This is OK. But when I reset counter reley going to ON position before I push start button to countdown.
Please some one help me.
The original code is for sound alarm dark room timer.
Regards

Hello,
I've just skimmed through the code, and I can't see that you initialize portb in the init routine. From what I saw, this is the old code from Stan Ockers darkroom timer.
I did a job on another project based on this code in April. I remember the guy making this had a problem with the watchdog timeout during writing to the eeprom.

You don't say anything about the bits used, but I assume you use portb.4 for the relay. This output is in conflict with the anode driver for the display. Since I dont know your hardware I can't tell if this will make a problem for you.

Please post some more info on your timer hardware.

TOK ;)

Hi Gordon,
My hadware is based on attached schematic. Diferent is, I use RB4 for drive reley via cuple of resistors and two transistor, and RB5 I dont use.
If you need more info please mail me,
regards

You could post a schematic for the relay driver, or describe it properly. Does it activate the relay on low or high output?

TOK ;)

Hi,
I activate relay with logic "1" or high output (BSF PORTB, RB4). The complete schematic for driver I have on my PC at work, but I send you attached picture, this is very similar to my driver,
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.