Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

code for reading jpg image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameo_2007

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Any one worked with image processing ,particularly with reading jpg images,
If someone has the code,please share.

Regards,

In hardware.when reading image.It mean that you process it pixels. Think simple it is digital values 8, 16 bit..belong to your image data.
You should tell clearly.Maybe I can help you
Regards.

Any binary file such as .jpeg, .mpeg or .mp3, can be eaisly read by 'C' program, and be converted into any fromat you would like.
So my advice is: Convert your jpeg file into a hex file, and the you can read it(then generated hex file) directly by file I/O in vhdl/verilog
This 'C' program does convert these kind of binary file into hex file.
http://www.vlsiip.com/c/bin2hex.c
Hope it helps,
Kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com

This is the reference code for jpeg in C which you can use.

ftp.uu.net:/graphics/jpeg/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz

Do you want to do JPEG in hardware or do you just want to check the algorithm

another way is to use photoshop to convert .jpg file to .raw file, then you can write c code to convert raw data to yuv or others you like.

David

I think the simplest way to start is to use MathLab.. it has built in function to read different image formats. This is a good start especially if what you really want is to manipulate the raw image data. You can just worry about later on how to extract the raw data from jpeg

thuyet said:
In hardware.when reading image.It mean that you process it pixels. Think simple it is digital values 8, 16 bit..belong to your image data.
You should tell clearly.Maybe I can help you
Regards.

Hii

im trying to read a jpg image in verilog. I converted it to a matrix using MATLAB imread. now that i have the matrix, how do i open it in verilog and save it to a register. If someone has the code please share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back