Status
Not open for further replies.

Eknath

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to implement a Current operational Amplifier(COA), I have difficulty in finding the applications where COA are used. I want some references that can explain the applications of COA in detail and not just in one line.

I think it's the same as an Operational Transconductance Amplifier (OTA), e.g. CA3080 (from TI, Intersil): relatively low input impedance and high output impedance, both (together) programmable. Search for their dataSheets and application notes!

I think the OTA is a controlled current source with a high input resistance (with other words: A voltage-to-current converter).

I think the CA3080 isn't far away from being called a COA, too: its input resistance is relatively low compared to that of an OpAmp: see p.2 of its dataSheet:

Anyway, thanks for the COA paper link!

Attachments

• CA3080_p2.pdf
    61.8 KB · Views: 70

I don't see CA3080 related to current mode amplifiers. It's a basic bipolar OTA, exposing a differential pair with respective low input resistance. Implementing a basic OTA in CMOS gives similar behaviour with high input resistance.

Reactions: LvW

LvW

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…