Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMFB loop gain and phase margin

Status
Not open for further replies.

yixiusky

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
loop gain cmfb

I would like to ask one question:

when i check the stability of CMBF loop. There is peak shows in both loop gain and phase margin plot. I can not know the reason. Could you help me ?

thank you very much

[/img]

pole zero doublet gain boosting

waiting for the answers

It might be a pole-zero doublet. Are you using gain boosting in the main amplifier?

thank you for your answer . but i did not use gain boosting method.

yixiusky said:
thank you for your answer . but i did not use gain boosting method.

how about your cm loop? make clear that if there is zero in your cm loop.

Peak always shows the high energy level or in other words One or more poles are dominating the frequency response.
Try to add any zero in the feed forward path by adding any buffer or by resistance in such a way it occures exactly at the dominant pole.

Re: loop gain cmfb

yixiusky said:
I would like to ask one question:

when i check the stability of CMBF loop. There is peak shows in both loop gain and phase margin plot. I can not know the reason. Could you help me ?

As the peaks occur at relatively high frequencies (100 MHz region) it seems to be a result of parasitic capacitive feedbacks. But - is it a problem for you resp. for the proper function of the system?
(By the way: it is not a "phase margin" plot - it`s simply a plot of the phase response).

If if occurs after UGB there is no issue

It is typically means there are 2 parasitic poles close to each other (unless you managed to create a zero somehow). Think of an LC oscillator. You will see large Q and peak in the magnitude plot at the resonant frequency. Also you'll see 180 degree phase shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back