Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clock Pulse delay IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovin555

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having a clock pulse with frequency range 50Khz -50Mhz.I need to make the same signal delay by 10ns--100ns maximum with step size 10ns(ie programmable delay line ic).Is there any delay IC available for this?or any other method to achieve this?

Last edited:

but i need tap increment of 10ns.This ic doesn't have step size of 10.for 100ns delay.,this ic has got a tap increment of 20ns.

I just went through it

Check out programmable delay lines from Maxim or Data Delay Devices. You have at least two issues. First, be careful of the minimum pulse width spec. If your 50 MHz signal has a 50-50 duty cycle, this gives a pulse width of 10 nsec which is short for a total of 100 nsec of delay. I think the Data Delay Devices parts are better in this regard. You may just make the minimum pulse width requirement. You can go shorter than the spec but be careful about timing distortion. Second, there is an inherent delay in addition to the first 10 nsec delay which you need. This may or may not be a problem depending on your system requirement.

Can anyone suggest me a programmable one with the same spec.I did a search on this but still couldn't find one with the same spec.

Last edited:

I like to use a programmable delay IC.Is there any ic available with the above spec i mentioned.The one mentioned above is a non-programmable one

It makes a little more complicated circuit but you could use a 16-line multiplexer to select 1 of the 10 outputs for the desired delay.

It makes a little more complicated circuit but you could use a 16-line multiplexer to select 1 of the 10 outputs for the desired delay.

I humbly suggest, before adding the mux, you should go back and checkout the Data Delay Devices parts mentioned earlier. This is what you are building.

the products from data delay services are not available from any distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.