Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock level translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

explorick

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to level translate a 3.3V CMOS, 15MHz clock signal to 1.8V CMOS clock 15MHz clock signal. Can i use 74LVC1T45GW( **broken link removed** ) for this.The datasheet only talks about data rate and will there be any skew or jitter problems if this device is used. If this device cannot be used do you have any recommendation.

if the source is crystal/oscillator, it is better to change the part which is based on 1.8V CMOS. if you are deriving the clock from any synthesizer circuitry, then you can consider the above part. i suggest to use ADG3241 since it supports high bandwidth. the above part is also good choice. all the best.

I am having a synthesizer circuit whose output is 3.3V CMOS. So i need to convert to 1.8V CMOS. Will there be no jitter problems considering the propagation delay variation with the devices chosen?

Status
Not open for further replies.