Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clock Characteristics for MIPI/CSI2

Status
Not open for further replies.

allsey87

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone here has worked with CSI2 before and can tell me whether the following MIPI clock signal I'm getting seems reasonable.

I see that roughly every 528us the clock seems to cut out and generate a pulse. The MIPI clock (when running regularly) is at 10.75MHz and should be accompanying a data stream containing frames 640x480 UYVY (effective 16 bits per pixel). Initially I thought this was some sort of an end of line signalling, although now I'm unsure as the numbers don't really add up.

DS2_QuickPrint21.png DS2_QuickPrint19.png DS2_QuickPrint20.png

The yellow and blue signals are the differential signals MCP and MCN, I should have them subtracted but it makes the trace less clear than without.

- - - Updated - - -

The part where the MIPI clock seems to be running normally is 512us long. Dividing the period from the 10.75MHz into this gives 5504 ticks, and then dividing this value by 16 bits per pixel gives 344. Even with plus/minus some additional control signalling in there is seems unlikely that this is happening at the end of every line, considering lines should be 640 pixels long...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back