Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Class-E Power amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohammedharris

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cir.pngout.png

I have designed a class-E switching power amplifier with 3.3v DC supply to deliver 1W power through 50ohm resistor and got some output in cadence which I have attached here.

Please help me to understand the output for the circuit.

Thank U in Advance for your kind reply

It is intended to operate at 50MHz? (input waveform has 20nS period).
L1 and C3 are series resonant (lowest impedance) around 500MHz.

I think you need to redesign so L1 and C3 are series resonant at 50MHz.

Supply voltage seems a bit low for 1watt from this circuit.

Because you are trying to get 2W from a 3V supply, you get 6Vpeak at the collector ~ 2V RMS, so 2^2/R = 2, R = 2, so the collector impedance at the collector is 2 ohms this must be matched to the aerial (50 ohm). This is done with the PI network. The series L1 is larger then necessary due to C3 in series, so it acts like the required value at 50 MHZ. At 500 MHZ it acts like a big L, so the resonant frequency is between 50 and 500. The increased reactance of L1 rejects more of the 500 MHZ getting to the aerial.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back