Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Class E PA simulation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubuta77

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all
I am simulating class E amplifier based on 2N7000 at almost "DC" frequency (1-10MHz) using ADS.
I started with HB simulation and got some pretty results, the i move to Transient and waveforms look different while performances was worse even after additional tuning.
Which simulation is preferable?
Additional question is about biasing: it suppose to be something close to class B?

From aspect of waveform of course transient simulation is better but if you select the proper solution options and the other simulation parameters in HB controller, HB should give you almost same results.For more information please read HB simulation user guide of ADS.You will find many option to play around to improve the HB performance.

Logically it is making sense, i thought about it before, but... While simulating i got better results with HB, transient don't work me well...
Anyway my 2N7000 will arrive soon i hope then it will be possible to test simulation results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back