Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cisco CCNA certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

anta

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody and happy new year... I've recently graduated and after taking a two months break, i am thinking about the next step in my career/education...Since finding work in my country is not very easy in this time and age and Masters abroad are rather expensive for my pocket, i was thinking about cisco certifications...I see there are other posts about this subject but i am rather confused...I would appreciate it, if anyone can give me futher insight into the subject...Specifically, i want to know where i can find books and simulators in order to give the exam, if it is different from country to country or from year to year and if it's really worth spending time and money in order to get it.. I am really looking forward for answers!!!

Thanx in advance

hi anta
you can find all type of data about cisco certifications on the following web....:D

ciscovideos.tk

There are lots of posts in this regard, but to summarize, Cisco as the main hardware device manufacturer that makes connectivity devices for Internet, stablished training cources and the related certifications.
Cisco pyramid shows that you can enter as an asociate, develop to professional and then expert.
As there are different main issues within an enterprise such as ROUTING & SWITCHING, WIRELESS, VOICE, SECURITY and so on, ecah has related cources that could be find from Cisco Systems, Inc .
CCNA that you mentioned stands for Cisco Certified Network Asociate which as the name suggests is all about helping the professionals within an enterprise to install, configure and troubleshoot the hardware devices.
frankly, I dont think that only a single CCNA helps you find a good carrier opportunity and you should develop to get to the higher levels.
But for Cisco certification, what ever your preffered subject to study is, you should start with CCNA.
Mahdi.

Thank you for your reply...I think I'm gonna start with CCNA, but the problem is how? I mean it would be very helpful for me if u could suggest me some books and/or simulators in order to get going....

ps1: In general, how hard is it to study for the exam alone?
ps2: What's the differemce between CCNa Wireless and CCNA Routing and switching? I mean u get two different certifications?Is there different simulators for each?

Thanx in advance

Last edited:

The Cisco exam is like other exams, but know that you really need to have enough information and understanding to be certified.
Cisco press books (here for your case, ICND1 and ICND2 by Wndell Odom) are generally self study books that are good to be supported by a teacher.

About CCNA routing and switching and CCNA wireless, you are right. they are two different cources. But what you missed is that to get to CCNA wireless or any other Cisco certification you need FIRSTLY acquire CCNA routing and switching. It is mandatory not optional. However, when you are finished with the CCNA, you are capable to undesratnd lots of things to switch to another major such as wireless, security, ... .

For the simulator, there are lots of options such as Cisco Packet Tracer or GNS3. Both these two help you to fully go with the CCNA. Packet tracer is just a simulator while GNS3 (free to download) needs real router IOS to EMULATE the networking problems.

Good luck!

Reactions: anta

anta

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
MRahimi your reply was very helpful...I have already found Packet Tracer for free in the net...Do you know if I could find Odom's books for free somewhere in the net too? Thanx for your reply

Not really! But if you are this much encouraged to start CCNA, that worth to buy a copy.
About Pcket Tracer, please know that you may not be able to do some excercises as it is not really an emulator to the switches and routers.
Then when you faced with such a problem, don't worry. Actually, the best things to excercise with are real Cisco devices.

Mahdi.

Reactions: anta

anta

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.