Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circularly polarized microstrip antenna's radiation pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

weixiaodong1988

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,everyone,
i was confused about the radiation of circularly polarized antenna and liner polarized antenna。if i want to see the radiation of these two type antenna ,which one should i look: rETotal or rETheta and rEPhi?Why?
what about the gain of the antenna?
can you tell me exactly if i want to view the performance of these two type antenna ,what should i plot in HFSS?

Last edited:

in circular polarization you should plot axial ratio versus frequency(if this curve is under 3dB you reach circular polarization). in linear polarization whatever the difference between rEphi and rEtheta is greater, thats better, but circularly polarized patch antenna(fed by coax) because the magnitude of real part and imaginary part of antenna is near,hence rEphi and rEtheta is same.

What value of theta and phi should be used when finding axial ratio in HFSS

hi,everyone,
i was confused about the radiation of circularly polarized antenna and liner polarized antenna。if i want to see the radiation of these two type antenna ,which one should i look: rETotal or rETheta and rEPhi?Why?

Please see rELHCP and rERHCP - left and right hand circ. polariz. components of EM field

Please see rELHCP and rERHCP - left and right hand circ. polariz. components of EM field
how to find it from rELHCP and rERHCP graph???can u post a figure how would it look like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back