Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit for serial data encoding/decoding from Arduino/RaspberryPi using PLL or other

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantboy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for ideas on where to start designing a circuit to send serial data between a set of uC's (Arduino & Raspberry Pi). I need to encode data, transmit it on top of a 24VAC/60hz wire, and decode it at the other end. The data is digital -- speeds around 19,200 baud or better would be ideal.

I was considering:
Using a single PLL on a chip, like a 4046 to decode the data... or even an HT12E / HT12D encoder/decoder (433 Mhz) to do the dirty work of encoding data from/to arduinos?

...also considered were using a 555 encoder paired with a 565 PLL decoder using frequency shift detection? (think it would be sloooow however)

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to start a sample / intro to RF serial digital data decoding/encoding? The carrier frequency can be ANYTHING except 60hz... :)

Any input is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back