Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit diagram for 50W sound amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABEL DANIEL

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone help me towards a valid and 'tested right' sound amp for 50W

Search the web, there must be thhousands of solutions. Many of them tested.

Have a search for Doug Self, you will find fully tested designs for what your asking.

Also some complete designs at the Elliott Sound Products website: **broken link removed**

Many more on other websites
Mik

can anyone help me towards a valid and 'tested right' sound amp for 50W
Hi ABEL
You simply mentioned a 50 W amplifier . but 50 watts across what kind of load ? ( a 2 ohm speaker ? 4 ohm ? 8 ohm ? 16 ohm ? 64 ohm ???!!! ) what kind of input impedance ? what kind of application ?

However i believe you could have a bit search around the google for that .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hi ABEL
You simply mentioned a 50 W amplifier . but 50 watts across what kind of load ? ( a 2 ohm speaker ? 4 ohm ? 8 ohm ? 16 ohm ? 64 ohm ???!!! ) what kind of input impedance ? what kind of application ?

However i believe you could have a bit search around the google for that .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith
i just want to drive my pioneer speakers.i lost its papers..will i able to measure those parameters with a multimeter??And can u tell me how these parameters needed to be considered while designing my amp

Abel
you will find that measuring the Impedance of your 'Speakers with only a multi-Meter can be difficult.

However an estimate might be achievable for the Low Frequency part of them by measuring the DC Resistance between the terminals of one box and from your reading then 'calculating' the nearest nominal Impedance.
For a DC Resistance of 5.5 to 6.5 Ohms you will likely have an 8 Ohm nominal box.
Likewise, 2.7 to 3.2 Ohms for a nominal 4 Ohm box.
This comes from the DC Resistance of your LF 'Driver itself, quoted by Manufacturers of the 'Speaker Chassis themselves as Re, and an additional small Resistance of the Crossover series Inductor - used in almost all Hi-Fi boxes.
It is not an 'exact science', so don't use the figures I've quoted as hard limits, but just as a guide.

As for a suitable Amplifier Power rating, this depends much on how hard you intend to drive your 'Speakers and their actual Power rating.
For Hi-Fi uses, often an Amplifier has an output Power rated higher that that of the 'Speakers and assumes that the available Power is available as Headroom to handle peaks in the signal. For Electronic Musical Instruments the converse applies.
This is down to the different Crest Factors of the signal you send to your 'Speakers.

Plenty more about this on the Internet with some searching.

hope this assists
Mik

Thanks guys for your valuable information..

Status
Not open for further replies.