Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit component's value with 6 volts in place of 12 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir

i got a circuit diagram related to battery protection against over discharging

1383791_673026126054541_1761371813_n.jpg

But the above diagram is configured as per 12 volts but i need to design it with 6 volts so please help me to redesign it with proper component values . . . thanks

You'll need a sensitive relay which works on 5 V or so.

There may be a point where it is more efficient to dispense with the relay and instead power the load from a comparator (or op amp).

You'll need a sensitive relay which works on 5 V or so.

There may be a point where it is more efficient to dispense with the relay and instead power the load from a comparator (or op amp).

but its difficult to get one , well what about other components ?? Is there any change we need ?

The reason for ZD1 (zener diode) and the TL431, is to prevent the coil from getting overmuch current. You adjust the TL 431 until you get your desired range of operation.

However since your system is 6V, ZD1 could be unnecessary. Or else you can change it to a diode pointing downward. This will drop 0.6 V, and the TL431 will not need to dissipate as much power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back