Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing FPGA Based Embedded System Design as Research Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrlabs

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone !

I am the student of Master of Electronic Engineering studying at Southeast University of China, I am facing difficulties in choosing my research area, as i Love the FPGAs and Embedded Systems Deisgn using FPGA but i have some queries that Why should i Choose the FPGA Based Embedded System ? What is the future of FPGA in Embedded Systems ? Why we do prefer FPGAs over ARM Processors which are very efficient for designing an Embedded System? Can anyone suggest me why should i choose or not choose FPGA based Embedded Systems or can anyone suggest me better topic or are in the field of Embedded Systems as I have great intreset in the field of Embedded Systems .

Thanks in Advance
Haroon Ahmed

Thanks dpaul !
Can you suggest me some good topic of FPGA based Embedded system deisgn for Master Thesis.

Regards

Hello Everyone !

I am the student of Master of Electronic Engineering studying at Southeast University of China, I am facing difficulties in choosing my research area, as i Love the FPGAs and Embedded Systems Deisgn using FPGA but i have some queries that Why should i Choose the FPGA Based Embedded System ? What is the future of FPGA in Embedded Systems ? Why we do prefer FPGAs over ARM Processors which are very efficient for designing an Embedded System? Can anyone suggest me why should i choose or not choose FPGA based Embedded Systems or can anyone suggest me better topic or are in the field of Embedded Systems as I have great intreset in the field of Embedded Systems .

Thanks in Advance
Haroon Ahmed

As a reasonable project, I suggest a Zynq based System-On-Chip (SOC) design. You can use tools like "buildroot" to get the ARM system running. From there you need to have a problem that an FPGA can solve.

Developing a custom HW accelerator should be a good project. Now you just need to find a problem that you can solve in this manner.

I can suggest much more difficult and interesting projects if you like, but they are probably two-year projects if you don't have experience with FPGAs.

Reactions: hrlabs

hrlabs

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks vGoodtimes !

I have some experience with FPGAs and FPGA based Embedded System Design and I have done few academic undergraduate level projects on FPGA based Embedded System Design. I want to tell you that i am also interested in High Level Synthesis HLS of Digital Design. I am familiar with ZYBO Board that includes ZYNQ7000 and ARM , and I have done the project of Implementation of DCT (Image Processing Algorithm) on ZYNQ7000 i.e. Zybo Board. I am much familiar with signal processing algorithms and their computational complexity in implementation. In the context of above could you please suggest me some reasonable and interesting and new problem in FPGA based Embedded System Design.

My email is xxxxxxxxxxx
you can send me email, as you feel convenient.

Thanks
Haroon Ahmed

Last edited by a moderator:

I would look at:
https://docs.opencv.org/2.4/doc/tut...nt_features2d.html#table-of-content-feature2d

This shows a listing of OpenCV based projects -- this will allow you to get a working project with less effort. From there, you can determine which algorithm peices best fit in the FPGA. For example, SURF has a lot of simple operation with little control. FLANN matching is probably more difficult to get right, and might be memory limited anyway (not sure).

I am the student of Master of Electronic Engineering studying at Southeast University of China, I am facing difficulties in choosing my research area....
Shouldn't a professor or member of the academic stuff be helping you in choosing a topic?
That's how I think it is done in other Uni throughout the world, if the student himself/herself is unable to decide on his/her interest area.

Hello dpaul !

you said very correct , but unfortunately my interest is not very simialr to Professor Research Interest , my Professor gave me liberaty to choose topic of myself that i want to choose. This is the reason why i posted on edaboard. Please help me in this regard as i am stucked badly.

Regards
Haroon Ahmed

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot to vGoodtimes !

I have started working on it. i will post further if need help .

I hope you will help .

Thanks again.

Haroon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back