itmr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI ALL

For those who used VIO core using chipscope i have some questions--

1- i running VIO using the old fashion way - generate ILA,ICON,AND VIO and connect them - there is any new way to do so from the .cdc file creating?

2 - i can toggle FPGA I/O directly or i can toggle just internal signals?

async_in / SYNC_IN - what it use for? what the core knows to d with it? what can i do with it?

i will be very happy to get good example or tutorial ( not like those who i can google?

Itamar

1- i running VIO using the old fashion way - generate ILA,ICON,AND VIO and connect them - there is any new way to do so from the .cdc file creating?
As far as I know this is the only way to do it. Don't know about ISE 14.2 and Vivado 2012.2 I haven't used CS for those versions.
To connect a VIO with outputs you need to modify the RTL to drive signals in your design. I've had mixed results with trying to keep unconnected nodes in a design from being removed by synthesis. Some of the synthesis attributes have proven to be buggy.

2 - i can toggle FPGA I/O directly or i can toggle just internal signals?
You could connect a VIO output to an FPGA I/O if you wanted to. There's no reason you can't drive any internal or I/O pin using it as the VIO core is instantiated in the RTL.

async_in / SYNC_IN - what it use for? what the core knows to d with it? what can i do with it?
It's used to capture inputs into the VIO to be read by the CS software. You can connect to either asynchronous or synchronous signals.

i will be very happy to get good example or tutorial ( not like those who i can google?
Have you tried Xilinx's website? Probably not, as the CS documentation explains all of the above.

Regards,
-alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…