Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chipscope i/o set/reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

itmr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI ALL

For those who used VIO core using chipscope i have some questions--

1- i running VIO using the old fashion way - generate ILA,ICON,AND VIO and connect them - there is any new way to do so from the .cdc file creating?

2 - i can toggle FPGA I/O directly or i can toggle just internal signals?

async_in / SYNC_IN - what it use for? what the core knows to d with it? what can i do with it?

i will be very happy to get good example or tutorial ( not like those who i can google?

Itamar

1- i running VIO using the old fashion way - generate ILA,ICON,AND VIO and connect them - there is any new way to do so from the .cdc file creating?
As far as I know this is the only way to do it. Don't know about ISE 14.2 and Vivado 2012.2 I haven't used CS for those versions.
To connect a VIO with outputs you need to modify the RTL to drive signals in your design. I've had mixed results with trying to keep unconnected nodes in a design from being removed by synthesis. Some of the synthesis attributes have proven to be buggy.

2 - i can toggle FPGA I/O directly or i can toggle just internal signals?
You could connect a VIO output to an FPGA I/O if you wanted to. There's no reason you can't drive any internal or I/O pin using it as the VIO core is instantiated in the RTL.

async_in / SYNC_IN - what it use for? what the core knows to d with it? what can i do with it?
It's used to capture inputs into the VIO to be read by the CS software. You can connect to either asynchronous or synchronous signals.

i will be very happy to get good example or tutorial ( not like those who i can google?
Have you tried Xilinx's website? Probably not, as the CS documentation explains all of the above.

Regards,
-alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back