Not open for further replies.

alighajar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all
I want to simulate chip resistor in FEKO, or HFSS between two parts in a wilkinson power divider, then I found loads between ports in Feko but the problem is that part (which I want to apply chip resistor to it) is not port and I can't add port in middle of model.
How do I do that?

thank

Last edited:

can you send a picture of the model ,or the model file? there is many kind of port options in FEKO. I think you should choose the right one.

You can use CST to use Lumped circuit elements. it is very easy. HFSS don't have lumped circuit option. About Feko i am not sure.

Instead of modelling an ideal resistor, you can draw a resistive sheet (metal) with desired surface impedance (xx Ohm/square). That will be a good representation of the distributed resistor, better that lumped component (ideal R).

this a picture of coupler:
Input and output ports are selected microstrip port. I want to add chip resistor between the specified sections by arrow, but I can't use transmission lines and loads in FEKO. the file is attached.

Attachments

• wilkinson1.rar
    42.1 KB · Views: 58

As written before: simulating with an ideal resistor will give unrealistic results because the resistor length is large (~lambda/4). You need to simulate the design with a "real" resistor length, by modelling it as thin film resistor (thin metal with Ohm/square metal loss defintion). You will then see why your coupler design doesn't work.

You can choose edge port option to add a port between two or more faces. And then add load option. I have attached the the file with edge ports and loads with 50 ohm.

Attachments

• wilkinson1.7z
    84.4 KB · Views: 75

Bu t if you add a transmisson line between this faces, seperate them and add transmisson line with specific definition, ı dont know if this solve your problem but there is an option like this also.

Attachments

• tr_lines.7z
    16 KB · Views: 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…