Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chip resistor simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

alighajar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all
I want to simulate chip resistor in FEKO, or HFSS between two parts in a wilkinson power divider, then I found loads between ports in Feko but the problem is that part (which I want to apply chip resistor to it) is not port and I can't add port in middle of model.
How do I do that?

thank

Last edited:

can you send a picture of the model ,or the model file? there is many kind of port options in FEKO. I think you should choose the right one.

You can use CST to use Lumped circuit elements. it is very easy. HFSS don't have lumped circuit option. About Feko i am not sure.

Instead of modelling an ideal resistor, you can draw a resistive sheet (metal) with desired surface impedance (xx Ohm/square). That will be a good representation of the distributed resistor, better that lumped component (ideal R).

this a picture of coupler: 12.png
Input and output ports are selected microstrip port. I want to add chip resistor between the specified sections by arrow, but I can't use transmission lines and loads in FEKO. the file is attached.

Attachments

• wilkinson1.rar
    42.1 KB · Views: 58

As written before: simulating with an ideal resistor will give unrealistic results because the resistor length is large (~lambda/4). You need to simulate the design with a "real" resistor length, by modelling it as thin film resistor (thin metal with Ohm/square metal loss defintion). You will then see why your coupler design doesn't work.

You can choose edge port option to add a port between two or more faces. And then add load option. I have attached the the file with edge ports and loads with 50 ohm.

Attachments

• wilkinson1.7z
    84.4 KB · Views: 75

Bu t if you add a transmisson line between this faces, seperate them and add transmisson line with specific definition, ı dont know if this solve your problem but there is an option like this also.

Attachments

• tr_lines.7z
    16 KB · Views: 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back