Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Checklist for creating a schematic diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rame

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks,

Can someone send across the link/guidelines for creating a generic schematic diagram using any schematic software,what are guidelines one need to follow while creating symbols and other things....

Do you have any checklist for the same...?

Regards

Ramesh

schematics checklist

for creating the schematic u can use cadence capture.
there will be learning capature in the help, many point are give which will make clear how to give net alias and place off-page connector etc...

there are many other rules to be followed while making schematic entry, u have to think from the layout view. e.g all the components in one section must be shown near that section which will make the layout person to identify..etc.

while creating symbols, there are two types one is split parts and the other one is single symbole, you must also see if there is any thermal pad given and connected to gronund than it must be assigned as an extra pin & must match with the footprint. You must also follow some standard naming conventions.

schematic check list

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for the information,i know the information earlier,but then what iam looking for is checklist which will help me as i proceed with schematic capturing from start.

i am collecting information and documenting for future projects which will reduce our design cycle.

Regards

Ramesh

checklist for schematics

Hi Ramesh,

You have to follow IPC defined rules for general. And also you need to follow the methods specified in your particular s/w package.

electronic schematic checklist

I don't know about a list but one thing I would say is where you have connections joining, do not have any more than 3 lines into a joint.

If you have 4 & the printout gets worn the junction point may be hard to see and so it just looks like a cross over point.

So if you need more than 3, stagger them a little.

Roland.

guidelines in making a schematic diagram

Hi Ramesh,
this are the guidelines for creating proper schematics
1) maintain visibility
2)proper functionality
3)reduce complexity
4)good looking and easily understandable.
5)indicate current ratings, matching requirements and sensitive nodes
6)use informative names for components
7)all input ports put left side and output ports are right side
8)all components should have respective values like width, length, devices name etc.
9)put spares and dummys in above/below power rails or put in dotted box.
10)minimize virtual connections as much as possible.

and so on.. (based on your application)

Thanks & Regards
Koti

how to follow a schematic

Follow to the IPC rules when creating the libraries.

When drawing schematics, simplify so that it does not look clumsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back