Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charging two Lipo batteries of 3.7v at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodstanur

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using MCP73832 lipo charger IC for charging my 500mAh lipo batteries.
I want to charge two batteries at a time and both the batteries will not be at same voltage most time. So what I am doing right now is I am charging them from a same 5V 1A smps powering two MCP74832 chips, each programmed to 200mA so that both the batteries will charge independently without any trouble.

Now my question is, what can I do to reduce the cost without sacrificing the battery efficiency and capacity? My main concern here is I am using two battery charging ics.... Any suggestions? Should I go with the two charger IC itself?

Not sure what you are asking. It seems you say you have already 2 chargers [the ICs that is], but ask if you need 2 and so reduce cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.