Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charging 3.6v Lithium Ion Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buts101

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello EDAians,
I've S1 type mp4 player & it has 3.6v Li-Ion Battery. I want my mp4 player to last as long as it can. I heard that the way or pattern in which we charge the battery determines the life span of the battery. So, guys how should i charge my battery.
Whenever the battery indicator on the screen of the player is low,i charged battery until it is full. And it is also charging when I use the player as USB drive.
Is my charging process ok? or do i have to charge it after it has totally discharge?
Your any kind of info help my mp4 player to have long life.
Best Regards,
Buts101

From Wikipedia:

"A unique drawback of the Li-ion battery is that its life span is dependent upon aging from time of manufacturing (shelf life) regardless of whether it was charged, and not just on the number of charge/discharge cycles. So an older battery will not last as long as a new battery due solely to its age, unlike other batteries...."

Added after 9 minutes:

Here's more:

https://www.batteryuniversity.com/

Added after 26 seconds:

https://www.batteryuniversity.com/

I think it doesnt matter whether you charge it fully than how many times you are going over the cycle (charge-discharge). So may be you should charge it fully and then discharge it to a level or may be fully, then charge it when you are really out of battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back