Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

charge and discharge capacitor linearly CMOS circuit needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-goe

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need a simple CMOS circuit to charge and discharge a capacitor in a linearly way. The capacitor discharge rate should be 2 times longer as the charge rate of the capacitor.

I'm trying to do this with an simple CMOS invertor but I am unable to tune the discharge rate (2 times the charge rate).

Any ideas?It needs to be implemented with CMOS.
I also thought of implementing it with 2 current sources. But the problem is that I dont know where to put the charging capacitor in order to charge and afterwards discharge the capacitor with 2 times less current.

Greetz E-goe

Re: charge and discharge capacitor linearly CMOS circuit nee

Use an nmos current source in series with a pmos current source. One of the current sources has twice the current. Insert in series with the current sources an inverter connected to the capacitor.

Bastos

E-goe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: charge and discharge capacitor linearly CMOS circuit nee

Hi Bastos4321

Can you add a schematic because I dont know what you mean by putting the current sources in series.

Thankd in advance

Greetz E-goe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back