Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Channel Modelling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameerbabu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am research student and am starting to work on underwater wireless communication. As the part a litrature survey i have come across a large number of Stojanovic's papers and publication . They all have been very useful to me. As a begining, we have started with modelling the acoustic channel. We followed a paper named "Performance Evaluation of Digital Acoustic Communication in Shallow water cahnnel ", by Adam Zielenski ,Young- Hoon Yoon and Lixue Wu, from IEEE Journal of Ocean Enginnering October 1995. This paper provide a simple model of shallow water channel with multipaths. But it give the model of the channel for a particular frequency only and cannot be used for simulation study of a complete communication system. Could you please sugest some other paper to refer for channel modelling , so that we can use the channel developed to simulate the comunication system in MATLAB

Sameer Babu

Why no body is replying to my qenuine quiry.
Please try to get valuable 3 pts

Hello;
Not sure about the exact nature of the problem, just a suggestion. You could use the FDTD method for modelling the channel. try to find articles on modelling water as media in FDTD. This could solve your problem, but could be very lengthy

What is FDTD stands for?
Whose area is this?
An oceanographers? or Electronics engineers?

I am an electronincs engineer.So can i follow it?

Status
Not open for further replies.