Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

changing frequency ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

y

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I wish to "take" the frequency range 50Hz-3kHz (speech) and "move" it to the frequency range (for example) 10kHz-13kHz.

After that, I would like to return the signal to its original frequency range.

How do you call such circuits, and does anyone have a link to a site with these circuits (I'm looking for a rather simple circuit, but any design would do).

Thank you.

The circuit that moves signal frequency is calling "converter". It consists of generator and mixer. In your case, you need 10 kHz generator.

As a rule circuits that you described are using for voice scrambling. You can find simple circuits by searching "voice scrambler" in google.

For example:
**broken link removed**

You only need to change frequency of generator to 10 kHz.

This circuit is easy, but you will have a lot of additional products in output signal. There will be weak original signal, converted signal from 10-13 kHz and inverted converted signal from 7-10 kHz. You will need to add filter 10-13 kHz to clean spectrum in output.

maplin in the uk sell such a device

it will move the audio range up by up to a factor of 10

it is a single smd chip

ill try find the number and add to the post

For this kind of application,can I think of a PLL based frequency multiplier whose divider circuit is in turn controlled by the input frequency range.That is for input
frequencies that can be directly multiplied by higher factor to convert the message to that range,can we use a black box similar to VCO but depending on input freq output count has to be changed.

Will this creative approach hold??

GD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back