Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Cgd and Cgd Overlap - check the results of my AC simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MohEllayali

Hello
I want to check the results of my AC simulation.
so i try to have the capacitance and what this will give as results
I use the dc op point simulation, and with the results displayer I see the capacitances
so I have 2 questions, if somebody can give me answers or clues , I zill save a lot of time

my first question is , from a pole/ zero point of view is there a difference between cgdoverlap and cgd ? to calculate the transmnission zero of a simple common source stage do I need to sum this capacitors ?

my second question is about the bsim model, there is a lot of capacitances , cbb cgd, cdg , .... can somebody please give me the formulas giving the cgd for instance as a function of all these frightnings capacitances

thanks a lot

Re: Cgd and Cgd Overlap

MohEllayali said:
is there a difference between cgdoverlap and cgd ? to calculate the transmnission zero of a simple common source stage do I need to sum this capacitors ?
Sure: cgd is the voltage-dependent gate-drain junction capacitance, whereas cgdoverlap is the fixed physical capacitance from the gate's overlapping part over the drain. But beware: cgd is given as absolute value (Farad), whereas cgdoverlap (usually named cgdo) is given in capacitance/(gate)length (F/m).

MohEllayali said:
my second question is about the bsim model, there is a lot of capacitances , cbb cgd, cdg , .... can somebody please give me the formulas giving the cgd for instance as a function of all these frightnings capacitances.
You may find these relationships in the BSIM manuals or in the C@dence Verilog-A Language Reference (available somewhere here on the EDAboard forums).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back