Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cascading two LNA stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarwan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have designed 2 seperate LNA circuits, each has its own input and output matching networks, so that each circuit has its own gain and noise figure, and the 2 circuits are matched to a 50 ohm line in the input and output.
But now i want to cascade them, so can i directly do that or i have to make an intermediate matching network (IMN) between the two stages.
And how to design this IMN.
THANKS SO MUCH....

Re: Two stages of LNA !!

Since the output matching network of the 1st circuit needs a 50 ohm load and the input matching network of the second circuit matches it to a 50 ohm source, I think you can simply cascade them. But it would be better if you have just one matching network between the 2 which would match the input of 2nd to the output of 1st, since you may reduce the number of components and the loss and thus a better Noise Figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.