Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Career in test engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

biku777

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys...
i recently started my career as an ic test engineer in analog field at a very reputed semiconductor company.I want to know if it is a good choice or not and what shape i can give to my career in this field.I've heard from many people that its not so good...But some are saying now its becoming as challenging as design...
And i want to move to Europe as i know it is the best place for semiconductor field....so i want to hear from you guys abt this....any kind of comment is welcome...

thank you in advance!!!

IC test engineering can be very rewarding. You will have to build your credentials with the IC design community. Generally you will find the design engineers don't like someone calling their baby ugly, so you will likely not get too much respect from that community until you establish your expertise.

You will likely get real familiar with LabView.

Thank you Rcinfla...my job is to test the ic and i dont think i will have to use labview...i have to test all the parameters of an ic and develop complete test solution for that ic.
But i dont know what's the future scope in this field...can u help???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back