Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car cellphone charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

cammhifi

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
I have a generic Nokia cellphone charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter in my car. It's output is about 5 volts, how can I boost this to 12v. The pcb has three transistors an inductor and a couple of resistors and caps.
Mac

Hi,
You don't need to meddle with the charger. Just use the car's 12v from the battery with input protection for short-circuit, like fuse/circuit-breaker or electronics overload/short-circuit protection. This short-circuit is very important.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Hi Guys
I build colloidal silver machines and had to do a demo for a guy in a parking lot the other day. Luckily I designed them to run off 12v and having forgot to take a suitable lead with to connect to my cars battery, I improvised by using my cellphone charger. It worked okay but only at 6 v. I have decided to sell the chargers as an optional extra as they're neat and have a nice coiled lead. My units require about 100ma max and thought that seen as these chargers have a nice pcb which is well filtered, why not try and mod it for 12v. I was hoping that someone had a circuit diagram or had modded one.
Mac

Hi Guys
I have a generic Nokia cellphone charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter in my car. It's output is about 5 volts, how can I boost this to 12v. The pcb has three transistors an inductor and a couple of resistors and caps.
Mac
Hi,
Could you please explain it more that where you gonna use this i mean where you gonna apply this one.
Thanks

According to me, cell phone car charger is most used. That called travel charger. That used when you go to travel by vehicle for far drive . That charge your cell phone battery with support of car battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.