Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car audio amplifier and multiple speaker outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the car radio originally had two speakers in the front doors and two tweeters in the dashboard then what stereo amplifier did you use to drive the two speakers you added?
Oh no. Did you overload the existing stereo amplifier by connecting the two added speakers to it parallel with the original speakers?

Oh no again. You added a hands free kit to it?

If the car radio originally had two speakers in the front doors and two tweeters in the dashboard then what stereo amplifier did you use to drive the two speakers you added?
Oh no. Did you overload the existing stereo amplifier by connecting the two added speakers to it parallel with the original speakers?

Oh no again. You added a hands free kit to it?

nope nope and nope

the rear speaker wires coming from the car connection were missing, so i added them when i added rear speakers

the handsfree kit was already installed when i got the vehicle, and it works in the same way i want to make something, it overrides the car radio when it wants to

everything works ok but the aux on the hands free kit is terrible, and i never use it for it's main function, so i'm gonna sell it

Then does your car radio have 4 amplifiers and has a fader control between front and rear speakers?
Are the speakers you added 8 ohms or 4 ohms?

please get back to topic

i needed a way to switch inputs, dpdt relay has been proposed so far, i will research soon to figure out how they work soon, been kinda busy

i needed a way to switch inputs, dpdt relay has been proposed so far, i will research soon to figure out how they work soon, been kinda busy
No, you need to switch outputs, not inputs. You need to disconnect the speakers from the radio and connect them to the outputs of some new amplifiers.
You selected an amplifier that uses an IC designed for 8 ohm TV and portable radio speakers, not for 4 ohm car speakers.

A DPDT relay is simply two switches with their contacts held together with a spring, and an electromagnet that pulls on a piece of iron on the switches to move them over to other contacts.
Then the speakers are connected to the outputs of the radio or switched to the outputs of the new amplifiers. You apply a DC voltage to the relay electromagnet to make it switch its contacts. When you remove the DC voltage then the spring moves the contacts back.

No, you need to switch outputs, not inputs
an amplifier is an input to a set of speakers which are the output

You selected an amplifier that uses an IC designed for 8 ohm TV and portable radio speakers, not for 4 ohm car speakers.
give it a rest will you?

yeah i'll probably end up using dpdt relays

Never mind saying inputs or outputs. Your dpdt relays will switch the speakers from the radio to the external amplifiers and back.
I hope you find an amplifier that works with whatever impedance your speakers are.

Status
Not open for further replies.