Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Capsule Endoscope or Endoscopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekitron

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

Anyone here who is working or worked on Capsule Endoscopy? If yes I need some help.
I am a new learner in this area.

Thank you.

I have worked on endoscopy, but not capsule. They are rather different.

Keith

Better describe what help you need maybe someone can help you or give some good idea where to look solution.

Actually, I am thinking about to work in this area. Right now, I want to know what kind of (practical) dis-advantages have appeared in Capsule Endoscopy? Why it couldn't be popular as much? What happen with patients when they swallow the capsule?

Probably problems to swallow 2,5cm PVC/steel material, and price of whole equipment including receiving desktop station and capsule, which have influence on price of whole tretman. We accept that capsule is for one time use.

That is more of a medical question than an electronics one. Capsule endoscopy is a diagnostic tool. Normal endoscopy covers diagnosis as well as treatment and spreads to many areas of medical diagnosis and treatment. As such I would say capsule endoscopy is always going to be more limited in its application.

Keith.

All replies are constructive. thanks.

@Keith: Why do you think that it is going to be more limited? Actually I wanted to know the disadvantages and flaws in this system. It is completely a Bio-mechatronic concept and my question is related to that. :)

@tpetar: I can understand the expenses and this kind of treatment is much much away from a Somalian patient. :) let us just be engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back