Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capcitance value after extraction .?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bio_man

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,,

how we can know the capacitance value after extraction?
I use Tanner v.15 tools and after extraction a nitlist report show up indicating the name and the area of the capacitor as follows ;

========
********************************************************************************
* SPICE netlist generated by HiPer Verify's NetList Extractor
* Extract Date/Time: Fri Mar 30 16:15:20 2012

* L-Edit Version: L-Edit Win32 15.02.20100805.07:58:22
* Rule Set Name:
* TDB File Name: file path is indicated
* Command File: file path is indicated
* Cell Name: Cap_10x10
* Write Flat: YES
********************************************************************************

jkd

X1 Cap_10x10

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

I want see the capacitance value (for example 1pf that's one pico farad),, any idea guys>?

ohh guys 26 veiws withou replying I really appreciate your comments and suggetions..

This seems to be an intended capacitance (as opposed to interconnect parasitic capacitance).

For interconnects parasitic capacitance, the entries in the extracted SPICE netlist would start from "C", and would report capacitance in Farads.

For intended capacitors, the extracted netlist would contain a reference to device (capacitor) instance with its parameters - like area and perimeter - but not its value in Farads. The capacitance value (in Farads) would be calculated through the compact (SPICE) model of the capacitor by the circuit simulator.

Hi,

I am working with Tanner V 15.02 in 0.35 um CMOS technology. I got a problem in layout extraction. I followed the instructions but they were not completed. I wrote " netlistingForSimulation, avoidParDio" in “Calibre defines” part, but I don't know what should I choose for "Extract Rules Sets to run" at the same window. In previous versions we were supposed to choose "XH035.ext" file but in newer versions it doesn't work furthermore. Could you please help me clearly?

Hi,

There is a problem with that capacitor's extraction as you are supposed to see other parameters there. you need to look at the device extraction rule set and see if the device is generated accordingly

"Extract Rules sets to Run" should point to a file provided by the foundry for the process you are working on.

For example in our working we are using an XFAB kit and Calibre.

..........\calibre\xh035\xh035_1011 ( Process rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back