Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitor mismatch analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

nijMcnij

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
capacitor array mismatch matlab

hello all,

i am doing the layout of the capacitor array used in an ADC, i would like to find out how much mismatch the layout will have....

i thought maybe monte carlo anlysis...but how?
many thanks

nijMcnij said:
hello all,

i am doing the layout of the capacitor array used in an ADC, i would like to find out how much mismatch the layout will have....

i thought maybe monte carlo anlysis...but how?
many thanks

Make a model of the ADC in matlab and then is easy to include the mismatch of the capacitors.

Bastos

use the MC tool within spectre.

nijMcnij said:
yes, but how

If you are using Virtuoso from cadence you can do the following:
1.from the schematic open Tools-Analog environment
2. From the Analog environment window open Tools-Monte CArlo
3. You get a pop-up window where you can choos #of runs, analysis variation, param swept and signals to be shown

I hope this helps
rgds

PS you need to have statistical models

Here is a sample .
10Bit 100M ADC . MC cap mismatch is 0.3%

hltong how did u calculate this figure for the mismatch...i mean what was the circuit configuration that u used during the MC analysis?

capacitor mismatch lead the gain error in each stage, thus you can use simulink in matlab and analysis how capacitor mismatch affects. regards

Doesn't the maximum mismatch depend on the process itself?
Better process tend to have less process variation and less mismatch.

invent said:
Doesn't the maximum mismatch depend on the process itself?
Better process tend to have less process variation and less mismatch.

Partially you are right. Better processes tend to have less absolute variation. However, mismatch is usually a different story and depends entirely on your layout. End of story 2 structures(Caps, resistors) can vary a lot due to the process(+/-30% even 50%), but relative to each other you can have less than1-2% variance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back