Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't connect using AT commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somia

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i am trying to connect to a telephone using my voice modem and AT commands. i know that the telephone modulates/demodulates data using V.23 i.e 1200 baud FSK.

do i have to make any settings before dialing ? i am using hyperterminal for my experimentaitons, but i intend to use VC++ for this program

after setting my modem to work on v.23 (sending ATF3 command), i dial the phone number (like atd 254125). it makes the phone ring and the phone automatically receives the call, but ..... nothing happens after wards. until i press a key and then it says NO CARRIER and hangs up.
what is the problem? the process seems simple but its not working. am i missing something ?

please help
thanks in advance

Somia

You are not getting connected properly. ONce the connection is established, you should get a
CONNECT 1200.....
type of message. If you are not getting that, your connection is not being made.

Hi Somia,

My guess is that both, the voice modem and the telephone are not configured to work in the same carrier or have different configurations...

You can see in this page what kind of configuration can v.23 have, if you read the v.23 specifications, it is standar for a switched telephone netowrk and can work for both, 600 and 1200 baud.

https://www.arcelect.com/vspecifi.htm

Here is a link for a complete guide of AT commands, download the pdf it is really good as i can see.

https://www.arcelect.com/AT_Basic_Commands.htm

I haven't really done it myself, a couple of years ago i connected two socket modems using PICS, i had some work over the hyperterminal till i got the sequence right for the conecction....

You got to set all the parameters manually, like the role of the modem, carrier, responce times, bit rate, how many data bits are sent, parity and all that...

Hope this gives you a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back