Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cant Compile modelsim XE libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheen0212

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modelsim xe

hi...
I am using ISE 10.1 to build a single port rOm using IP core generator. And using Modelsim for simulation . how do I compile the unisim, simprim , xilinx core libraries (these libraries reside in the following place of my system : F:\xilinx\10.1\ISE\vhdl)....I am writing my codes in VHDL. How do I compile these libraries with Modelsim (C:\modeltech\win32)????....compilation error says cant find vsim and cant locate mti_se automatically....please help me....as I am running out of tym.. [:(]

compile ise modelsim

Hi,

You can use the Xilinx executable compxlib, located in the bin/nt directory of your ISE 10.1. You can use it in graphical mode, but then you need an up-to-date Modelsim version, or use it command-line. Type compxlib -h for a list of all options.

You can compile the unisim and simprim VHDL source file also with the modelsim compile function:

vcom -93 -work unisim F:\xilinx\10.1\ISE\vhdl\src\unisims\unisim_VCOMP.vhd
vcom -93 -work simprim F:\xilinx\10.1\ISE\vhdl\src\simprims\simprim_Vcomponents.vhd

For XilinxCoreLib I should use compxlib, but otherwise you can compile them with vcom like above and only compile the necessary files for simulating your ROM. Look in the generated VHDL which XilinxCoreLib component it uses.

Devas

xilinxcorelib modelsim

Thanx for this information.....but can I get a step by step instruction on how to simulate my single port ROM generated through core generator???.....Its really getting messed up for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back