Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cannot program SST89E516RD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravkothari23

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all...
i am working on a project where i have to use SST89E516RD2 microcontroller. i am using TTL converter to program this controller using RX and TX pins. but i am not able to program the controller. i am using flash magic to program. when i press start button from the software it says RESET TO ENTER ISP MODE. but when i reset the controller, nothing happens. i have checked all the connection and also the connectivity. connected RX to controller TX and TX to controller RX. also only TX led glows in TTL converter.

i tried changing aroung 4 boards but non of them are working. i am using 44 pin TQFP package. but the same if i try programming the DIP package, it programmes without any error.

yes, i have checked, the controller is receiving 5V, and also i have added a 11.059 crystal with 22pF capacitor. the circuit i made is same as my DIP package. but it programmes the DIP package without any error, but not programming SMD controller.
as also tested.. when i remove the crystal and capacitors from DIP package, i behaves as same as the SMD controller is behaving.
but also do SMD controller works on different crystal value..?? as i was using 11.059 MHz for both the package.

Sure you did the TQFP44 pin mapping correctly? You should see crystal oscillator working, do you?

Sure you did the TQFP44 pin mapping correctly? You should see crystal oscillator working, do you?

Yes... I have checked pin mapping
How can i check if the ossilator is working or not

- - - Updated - - -

I dont have any oscilloscope or any frequency measurement kit

Status
Not open for further replies.