Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

canbus protocol ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

laguchori

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am a beginner and I am working on a small project based on canbus serial communication and I would like to know does the mcp2515 controller itself manage arbitration and collision management ... or is it the microcontroller that does that and if it is the microcontroller I would like to know how and is it about the libraries?? because I have trouble understanding the notion of a protocol. In fact I would like to communicate using an already implemented protocol (I can't make mine) I hope my question is clear. Thanks in advance

I just did CAN for the first time using a PIC without the MCP2515 and once configured the CAN Controller does the Arbitration itself. You have to configure the filters and masks yourself to tell it what you want it to capture and it will force interrupts etc... when a valid message is received.

Status
Not open for further replies.