Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can you pls let know house main's wire earth can be used as bread board ground ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saptagiri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

For my bread board ground connection is required . I don't have DC power supply .

Can I use Main's earth wire as bread board connection with out safty violations ?
Thx,
Saptha

Can you elaborate on the kind of circuit you are making, the involved voltages and why there is a ground requirement?

Hi,

Thanks for reply .This is to prove low wattage <20W PFC , AC/DC conveter concept on bread board + SOIC to DIP Adaptor. I got a 50Hz transformer +VARISTOR ,to isolate bread board from Mains + to limit Inrush current . The transformer also steps down 230vrms to 115vrms. On secondary side of transformer Ground is required for full wave rectification . Though bread boards are not safe to handle 400v , I could see several people sucessfully implemeted AC/DC on bread board by following some practices like using alternative strips on BB.

Thx,
Saptha

I don't see what full wave rectification has to do with ground´connection.

You say you have an 230 to 115 V isolation transformer. Then it's safer not to ground the isolated 115V circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.