Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you hack PIC 18FXXX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

conkhicon

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic18f452 and pic18f458

Do PIC 18FXXX hack?
I want to sure for selection PIC to develope.
Please tell me, Thank

Re: Hack PIC 18FXXX

if you want to know if some one can h@ack the pic series 18fxxx then the anser is yes do a search over the net and findout yourself :cry:
use a atmel insted these are more dificult to h@ck

TOGHETHER WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL...

hi,

PIC 18FXXX is best in many ways. I am using PIC18F452 and PIC18F458.
This PIC has lots of features.

So If your application demands just go for it.

Bye
Gopi

h@ck PIC 18FXXX

Pic18 is really good µC.
You can use an RTOS to improve your developpment time such as PICos18.
check at www.picos18.com.
Bertrand

Re: h@ck PIC 18FXXX

elmontador said:
if you want to know if some one can h@ack the pic series 18fxxx then the anser is yes do a search over the net and findout yourself :cry:
use a atmel insted these are more dificult to h@ck

TOGHETHER WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL...

i do not agree with you every lock have a key so i disagree with you i personaly hack at89c2051 but new sereis of pic are bit safer

Hello
Is there any free C Compiler for PIC18 series. Like to have a try on that series !!

Picstudent

Picstudent said:
Hello
Is there any free C Compiler for PIC18 series. Like to have a try on that series !!

Picstudent

there are number of c compliere for pic like Hitech, picant, fed pic-c, ccs but i like ccs very easy to used and flexible compiler you can get demo for 1k limmit from there web page

Picstudent said:
Hello

Picstudent

https://www.htsoft.com has a PIC18 demo C compiler that works for 30 days after you install, and is fully functional except for some relatively minor, exotic features.

I looked at CCS and was rather disgusted, frankly. You aren't supposed to access the regs directly but use their tasks- I go by spec rather than trust other's tasks. You can do it but it looks sort of roundabout, as does pin assignments. I don't know, I never used it, but the compiler just feels kinda hokey to me.

h@ck PIC 18FXXX

Philips XA has password..so when you try to catch the code with an ISP, or try to access the Flas memory, it ask for a password that you put when programming the micro... really a great chip

Status
Not open for further replies.