Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you give some advices how to learn the Digital Signal Pr

Status
Not open for further replies.

chengky

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can you give some advices how to learn the Digital Signal Processing? I'm a beginner.

Hi chengky,

If u are intrested in learning Digital Signal Processing. I suiggest you start from going through dsp guide by steven smith which can be downloaded freely from www.dspguide.com

Then later on if u want to experiment the results and all for filtering purposes and other various topics u can have a look at the matlab software ..

I started learning digital signal processing through that book.. and found it quite a nice one for a beginner as it explained the stuff in very basic way..

the other DSP books are available on net and on this forum if u search from them..

Till then

Cheers

If u need help with anything in particular do let me know

Re: Digital Signal Processing - Filtering Approach

Also look at MCU server .. there are some good books there too.

But you should visit : https://www.dspguru.com/

I think,while you are learning dsp,you can also use matlab to do simulating.At the same time you should learn Matlat.There are many books on Signal Processing using Matlab.

Re: Can you give some advices how to learn the Digital Signa

hi,

I would suggest u start with Understanding DSP by "Richard G Lyons", it is also found as an ebook in the mcu download forum. That is the book that every student is craving for. Don't miss that. And, without the help of matlab u are totally lost. So, then and there do simulations, carrying out the instructions that are given in many books..... That's it my "advice", be strong with the concepts before u proceed to the next chapter, this is a general advice.... First study the book in a global manner then locally( i mean first know what is where and then study the chapters..)

Regards,
Arun.

I agree with arunmit168. Learning DSP takes on severl different levels of effort. Get a high level overview of the concepts first.
With some effort, anyone can implement an FIR filter in code with the high level overview.
To truely understand digital signal processing you do have to get deep into the math behind the algorithms. There is alot to it and it takes time to get into the proper mindset since it takes on knowledge from several different area (calculus, statistics, linear matrix and non-linear algebra, etc). Don't let that stop you! Wonderful field.

Loki

Start with example programs from your DSP manufacturer. Play with those programs to get some feeling.

you can begin some fundentmental idea and then simulate with matlab.

hi, Digital Signal Processing is an complex course, but I think the core of it is simple--DFT. So first you can concentrate yourself in it, completely understanding its meaning. For example, you can think DFT is DFS, or you can think DFT is samples of DTFT in frequency, even you can think it is modulation. After you master the equation (untill now, I don't think I have mastered it), you can use Matlab to solve some practical problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.