Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can Web Proxy Server Stole data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samenmohammad

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
I connect to internet via proxy server in my office. Can Web Proxy Server stole my data such as my emails, my downloads and ... ?
Thanks.

It depends on who is controlling the proxy server. If you are connecting at work you probably signed an agreement that says your employeer can monitor you. In general yes, if you are connected to a computer through another computer anyone in the middle can see what is happening. Only exception is for secure websites using SSL/TLS or comparable encryption on its data stream

Yes, because your traffic it going through proxy server. Thats the proxy means and every gateway can stole your data.

Your proxy server is more like you mail man who passes your (mail) data to your desire destination. So, he decide what happens to your mail - in this case data.

Status
Not open for further replies.