Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can we adjust W and L for txn line circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyza

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all...

When I converted my lumped element circuit into txn line circuit, the output obtained was not as optimum as I got in the lumped element circuit. It is very hard to get the same or more or less the same results. What I did is I adjusted the W and L of the txn line and it works. I really not sure why do we need those adjustment. Can we simply do that? and why? :???:

Thanks

Hi vfone,

Thanks for reply... I actually simply converted from lumped to distributed circuit using txn line calculator by taking into account the properties of the board only. Then I ran the simulation accordingly.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:39 ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 ----------

I can't open the link posted in the thread.

Yes I agree and it is now happen to me... I need to tune most of the dimensions to get what I want. Then what did you do to solve it? Btw thanks for the links.

Nothing else than hard tuning, following basics of the theory.
Anyway, do not expect the final dimension of the circuit to be the same (or even closer) if you want to keep the performances.
good luck

Thank you very much... I really appreciate it. Mind me asking you other question. What should I consider if I couldn't get the same output when the circuit simulated by EM simulator? We should get more or less the same result right?

Thanks in advance.

The choice of each component depends mainly on the types of particular circuit, the acceptable losses or Q factors, the power handling, and the operating frequency.
Have to keep in mind few things as, a λ/4 (or a λ/2) microstrip resonator have more than one resonance, and also remember that the losses in distributed circuit arise due to a number of mechanisms, which are different than lumped circuits, for example dielectric substrate and radiation losses.
Anyway, what you are doing is fine, using an EM simulator, instead of a linear one.

Thanks vfone for the explanation. As far as I'm in the right track, I think everything is fine. I'll try to minimize all the losses as low as I could. Please share with me and others if you have more knowledge in txn line design circuit. I'm quite new in this area and I am willing to learn and gain more knowledge and experience. For your info I'm using MWO as my simulation tool. Thanks again for your kindness.

Hi all,

I always believe that there are a light at the end of a tunnel. I will find my ways out no matter how. Hoping that somebody out there can give me the clue and guide me to reach at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks
-Kellyza-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back