Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can someone help me with this circuit....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawadali477

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
can any one help to make me understand how this circuit is working? i mean circuit analysis.

thanks

jawad

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 146

It seems it is used to detect light brightness change. Capacitor will pass AC signal and block DC signal.

hi,
can any one help to make me understand how this circuit is working? i mean circuit analysis.

thanks

jawad

It is a classical arrangement of three amplifier stages in series. If you know how a transistor works you will also understand the principle of this circuit. The transition npn-pnp-npn is because of the dc level of the three operating points.

thats why i asked how transisters are working in this cct....

thanks

jawad

The transition npn-pnp-npn is because of the dc level of the three operating points.
But the AC coupling would allow three npn as well. An advantage of this circuit is in better rejection of power supply interferences (higher power supply rejection ratio PSRR).

It's a circuit, that one would demonstrate in a transistor circuits lab as bad design example due to the applied bias method, equally succeptible to PVT (process, voltage, temperature) variations. A single 1Meg resistor between collector and base gives much better performance than the voltage divider without DC feedback.

But the AC coupling would allow three npn as well. .

Ohh yes, that`s correct. (When I see such an npn-pnp connection at first always the bias point comes into my mind) .

Status
Not open for further replies.