Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can some one help me????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucanh

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone .Im a student from Vietnam. i have a project and have to submit it to my teacher on the 20th of May . Can you guys here help me with this project. I would really appriciate your help^^^
the project is: design and test 4X4 bit unsigned multiplier using right shift add algorithm.
I have difficluties in describing the two registers. Can you help me write it in VHDL code? thanks very much!!!
I have attached the diagram( the first attached word file:72.0kb,the second is mistaken ) bellow..
thanks in advance^^^

Attachments

• Here is the diagram.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Here is the diagram.doc
    72 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Hi,
with whatever little knowledge i have about vhdl i can't tell you the complete code,but i can share my logic.don't know if its write or not.

1 you will require one entity which will be your multipier, it will have no. of input and output ports required.
2 then as you will be using the diagram for coding the architecture will be structural.
3 then internal connections will have to be declared as signals.
4 then in the main code part you will have to write the actual working.
5 library declarations will be at start.

i hope it helps you a bit.

Reactions: Cucanh

Cucanh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks for your 'little' help. i understand your logic,too. However,the problem here is: I dont know how to describe the 8 bit- two registers in VHDL.
with the first 8 bit register: it has three inputs including cout(1 bit), sum(4 bit),and lower (3 bit ), about the second : 1 input (4 bit sum from the above register) and one ouput(it is the product that we need) One signal between the two registers.. the product includes 4 bit sum, 3 bit-lower, and the last bit is 1.but I still dont know how to write it in vhdl . Can someone else work it out for me? I have added one example , you can see it below.
Hope i will receive nice replying from you^^^
a 0 1 0 1
x 0 1 1 1
----------------------
P(0) 0 0 0 0
+x0.a 0 1 0 1
----------------------
2p(1) 0 0 1 0 1
P(1) 0 0 1 0 1
+x1.a 0 1 0 1
----------------------
2p(2) 0 0 1 1 1 1