Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can SKILL be used in this aspect

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitchurch85

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I recently started work on SKILL in cadence. It seems interesting, from what i learnt in the Manual for SKILL everything done on cadence passes via a SKILL Interpreter.

I am wondering is it possible to write (SKILL scripts) - (hope the term script is appropriate) to automate a layout.

Atleast that is what motivated me to learn SKILL.

What are the other cool things one can do with SKILL. Thanks for your time.

looks interesting..Do you mean that all the cadence tools work on this skill interpreter not on tcl interpreter?

Well it seems that way.
I found this script in a tutorial to generate a rectangle Active, using Skilll in virtuosos.

I am getting a syntax error though. it did give me the pointer Id for the layout.

I am not a computer science guy. but from what i understood it retrieves pointed id for the current layout session. uses a function called dbCreateRect to draw a rectangle.

Here is the snippet please see if you can debug it.

cvID = geGetWindowCellView()
dbCreateRect(cvID list( "Active" "drawing" ) list( 10:0 20:10 ) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back