Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use the minimum width transitor size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcantal

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to know if I can use the minimum width transistor size set by the tool to design analog circuits?

I have heard about the minimum transistor length, the short channel effects and there is a topic in this forum that discusses this subject, but is there some issues about minimum width? It can be used to minimize area instead of putting more transistors in series to make the relationship W / L too small?

Regards,

There is nothing wrong with using minimum width. As you mention, it could be used in a long transistor. Just be aware of the tolerances of anything that is "minimum".

Keith.

Thank you for your information Keith,

Rafael.

usually we use minimum length along the signal path of the circuit if really needs high speed. Except for input diff pair because matching is crucial there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back