Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i use serail port for.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altafhal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i want to control a bell from the serial port of pc. can someone help me how to use the serial port for controlling a bell?

thanks

I assume you have circuitry which is capable of driving the bell and you are just wanting to set a pin on the port high/low to turn the bell on/off. In which case simple C programming would be the easiest way. Just address the port with the bell controll bits.

just make a pin high to the relay which is connected to the bell and well just a c r VB program is enough to it just send a value to the micro controller by using different values i think u can control not only bell but many appliances just try it

You can connect the DTR signal of the PC com port to a transistor that drives a relais.

Then you can open or close the com port to toggle the DTR level.

Added after 1 minutes:

You can simply use the DTR signal to drive the interface.

Openin or closing the com port toggles the level of the DTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back