Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use c6711 to impletment digital down-converter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonzhaoqun

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
digital down converter

can i use c6711 to impletment digital down-converter ? my input signal is about 330KHZ(sonar).need any information about this.thank you. :p

Re: digital down-converter

why not u r using FPGA for DDC.
Is it much better approach.

USMAN HAI

digital down-converter

is down-converter the same as down-sampling?

digital down-converter

no,

down converter is mostly like mixer in analog circuits. after down converter, the signal central frequency has been changed ( from a higher frequency to a lower frequency).

down sampling is realized by decimation filter. what is changed in this process is signal sampling rate.

panda said:
is down-converter the same as down-sampling?

They are not same.
Down-converter refers to shifting the modulated signals spectrum to a lower centre frequency which depends on the a local carrier, the one of the input at mixer. This process doesn't change the spectral bandwidth.

Down-sampling refers to the decreasing the sampling rate of a signal. In this process the original signal's spectral bandwith will be reduced to avoid spectral aliasing and it depends on the decimation rate.

Down converters basically converts the signal into IF and then it goes to demodulator for further processing.

While in downsampling u reduces the sample rates and with this the sampling frequency decreases and to avoid alliasing u have to reduce the frequency of the signal (Nyquist rate).

USMAN HAI
PAKISTAN

I m also working on DDC.

can any one guide me shud i use CIC decimation filter or FIR decimation filter. whose response would be better.

thanks

USMAN HAI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back